The National Coalition of Girls’ Schools (NCGS), of which St. Clement’s School is a proud supporter, is sharing a crucial message on International Women’s Day: the most powerful message a girl can receive is there are no limits to what she can pursue. Regardless of what problems she wants to solve when she grows up, she needs to know nothing stands in her way.
Girls’ schools like SCS send that message to girls every day, as places where girls and their unique capabilities are embraced for what they are rather than limited by what society expects them to be. SCS and NCGS, as part of a global community of educators, parents, students, alumnae, and advocates committed to the education and healthy development of girls and young women, strives to:
- Inspire the next generation of girls to lead with courage, competence, and empathy
- Engage the power of many voices to strengthen our schools, communities, and world
- Collaborate globally with individuals, schools, and organizations to advance girls’ education, bringing greater value to our students
- Challenge limits so girls will imagine and explore new possibilities
- Cultivate a deep respect for the intellectual strength and impact of girls
- Empower girls to find and use their voices
- Promote life-long education, independent thinking, and understanding for global perspectives
- Prepare girls for lives of commitment, confidence, contribution, and fulfillment
In recognition of International Women’s Day, please sign the “Create a World of Possibilities: Speak Up for Girls’ Education” Pledge. It is a call to action to awaken the world to the importance of empowering girls through a single, inalienable right: access to a quality education.
Join us as we #StandUpSpeakUp for girls’ education, on International Women’s Day and every day!